The Office of Sponsored Projects (OSP) has several templates available to support funded and unfunded sponsored research. These templates have been approved by the Office of University Counsel (OUC) and contain acceptable provisions for UNM. Use of these templates is recommended and will reduce negotiation and/or processing time if minimal to no changes are made to the terms and conditions.
- Where can I find these templates?
- If you are interested in using any of the available templates, please reach out to OSP at email@example.com. OSP will assist you to identify a template that best meets the needs of your project.
The following is a list of available templates for use:
Unfunded Agreement Templates
Material Transfer Agreement (incoming and outgoing)
Governs the transfer of tangible research property to, or from, UNM.
Governs the transfer and protection of confidential or proprietary information between UNM and an outside entity.
Allocation of Rights Agreement
Governs the allocation of intellectual property rights prior to the award of funds. These are most often applicable to federal funding under an STTR program.
Data Transfer Agreement
Governs the transfer of research data to, or from, UNM.
Business Associate Agreement
Governs the transfer and protection of Protected Health Information per HIPAA regulations.
Funded Agreement Templates
Sponsored Research Agreement
Governs sponsored research activities and exchange of funds.
Professional Services Agreement
Governs professional service activities and exchange of funds.
Governs the relationship between a Pass-Through Entity and UNM under a prime sponsoring agency when UNM is the subrecipient.
- Who has the authority to negotiate contract terms and conditions on behalf of UNM?
- The Office of Sponsored Projects is authorized to negotiate sponsored contracts for UNM Main and Branch Campuses. Please note these templates are approved by OUC and any changes must be negotiated and authorized by OSP.
- Can the PI or department enter into a contract with a sponsoring agency?
- All contracts are entered into with 'The Regents of the University of New Mexico' on behalf of its departments and employees.
- Who signs the contract?
- OSP is responsible for obtaining all authorized signatures on sponsored contracts for UNM Main and Branch Campuses. Per UNM Policy 2010, http://policy.unm.edu/university-policies/2000/2010.html, faculty and departments do not have authority to legally bind UNM in a contract. OSP will identify the correct signature authority for execution per the policy.